Whatsapp

Sunday 29 July 2018

Through the river of stories!

Hello friends, welcome!
We often go out for a movie, to a musical concert or do anything
Which refreshes us from our busy lives.
But the event which I attended was quite unique in itself.
It was about stories
Not the stories which we see on Instagram or facebook, but stories of real people.
The name is Stories worth sharing.
I got to know about this from a friend of mine who had already experienced it.
The idea behind this event is to bring people together
To share anything from their life in a friendly and informal atmosphere.
Seeing that this was something different, I went for it.
The event had been arranged at a nice, cool café.
The organizers had done a very good thing.
If anyone of us likes a story, we could write a  Thank you note on a piece of paper for the speaker who’s story we like!
After everyone who had registered for the event had arrived,
Gargi Dharmadhikari and Soham Godbole,
The energetic duo who were hosting the event,
Explained to all of us the above mentioned idea behind this initiative.
And then, we all started to flow through the river of stories.
I simply can’t tell you how amazing every story was, Just
Awesome!
From finding the first ever job to losing a younger sister quite early in life,
To the story of the host herself,
Gargi, about how she joined SWS/Stories worth Sharing!
And I met so many people who were into so many different things. For example,
I met a Psychologist, a young boy who was trying to live on of his own
That is without the support of his parents a not so common thing in India
And even a blogger like myself!
I along with my younger brother, who was also present as a speaker with me,
told our respective stories as well.
In all, the learning which I took from this event was
Every life, including our own, is so great, so grand, we just have to live to the fullest!
Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment